1991, M.A. graduate in Cultural Studies with specialization in Visual Culture (University of Warsaw, Institute of Polish Culture). Collage Artist: paper and digital technique. Published, among others, in Playboy (PL) and SLEVIN Magazine (IDN). Regularly illustrating for the magazine Szajn (PL). Made collage designs for the EP “I dreamt I saved you” from Mountain Lakes band (PL/UK). Selected to All She Makes community, curated online directory for women creatives worldwide (USA).
I use collage technique to create the girl gaze and talk about emotions, tenderness and female eroticism which is hidden in mainstream images. This technique gives me the opportunity to create a new perspective out of the existing images by transforming them and taking parts of them out of their primary contexts. I show the beauty (mixed with sadness) of romantic love and longing for it. Going further and further I look deeper into unconsciousness and take viewers to the hidden fears, discriminations or uncomfortable feelings.
In works connected to mental health I often use drawings (pencil, markers, fineliners) to extract the feelings which seem to function outside the imagery.
- 9.2020: „Jesteśmy ludźmi”, Galeria Labirynt, Lublin (PL)
- 2.2020: „The Art of Love II”, Envision Arts online gallery, Dallas (Texas, USA)
- 24.5.2019: Pop-Up exhibition „Popatrz na/we/przeze mnie” (Look at/inside/through me), Cafe Bar Poczekalnia, Łódź (PL)
- 3.2020: the MASS, March: MATRIARCHY issue (UK) [link}
- 3.2020: Florence Contemporary Gallery Catalog, 01 issue (IT) [link]
- 2.2020: SLEVIN Magazine, 7th issue (IDN) [link]
- 11.2019: Playboy magazine, 11/2019 issue, illustration for an article by Kacper Bartosiak (PL)
- 10.2019: Playboy magazine, 10/2019 issue, illustration to a short story by Piotr Fiedler (PL)
- 3.2019: PROwincja, online magazine (PL) [link]
- 2.2020: Honorable Mention at „The Art of Love II” exhibition, Envision Arts online gallery
- 6.7 – 25.7.2020: Enclave, Propaganda Gallery (Warsaw, PL)